CannonBuilt Custom Renovations
John Cannon Remodeling is Now — CannonBuilt Custom Renovations
For over 20 years, John Cannon Homes Inc. had been building luxurious and affordable custom homes in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte, Hillsborough and Pasco counties. Now John Cannon Homes has expanded their scope of work to include home renovations. Our new name, CannonBuilt Custom Renovations, reflects our ability to customize your renovations. We've become LEED certified, enabling us to offer you more "Green" choices and solutions and finally, expanding our services!
In addition to renovations of existing kitchens,baths, outdoor living areas, or room additions and whole home renovations we've added: commercial space renovations, greenovationsTM, insurance updating, storm preparation, disaster clean-up and general property updates.
CannonBuilt Custom Renovations offers:
•Remodeling - When you love your address, and when it comes to remodeling, no job is too big or too small for our team of professional craftsmen. Whether you want to update your kitchen, retile the bath, add a media/theater room or go for a complete home makeover, we can help you with every possible detail.
• Roofing - From leaking roofs to complete roof replacements, homeowners have trusted us with their roofing projects.
• Pavers/Concrete - From pavers to your entryway, or for concrete structural issues, foundations to decorative finishes on your home, you'll find that we have the right mix of experience for any job!
• Lanai Improvements - Let us enhance your existing lanai, so that you and your family can spend more time enjoying your pool and lanai area. We can build you an outdoor kitchen or add a fire pit for an outdoor living experience that you'll enjoy for years to come!
• Fireplaces - The fireplace is often called the heart of the home. We can redesign your living room, family room or bedroom to include a stunning fireplace that you'll enjoy more times than you can image on those cool Florida evenings.
• Garage Conversions - Whether you want to convert your garage into a new living space or want to expand your existing garage to accommodate more cars, turn to us for expert craftsmanship and design. All work is done to pass all code requirements.
• Room Additions - Is your house getting too small? Or perhaps it's time for that media/theater room you have always dreamed of? Our renovation services include seamless room additions and second stories. You'll enjoy your new space, and if we include all that it takes to make it a "Green" addition, you can enjoy tax benefits, too!
• Windows - Do you want to replace your old windows with new energy-efficient windows? Are you concerned about summer storms? Do you want to let more of the sunshine in with an aquarium window? No matter why you want to replace your windows, we're here to help!
• Painting - Whether it's part of the renovation or a standalone project, you can count on us for all of your painting needs. We can handle interior, exterior, detail work, trim painting, and more.
• Structural Repairs - We're here in a pinch when you need us the most. We can restore your home's strength and integrity no matter how the damage was done. If an insurance claim is involved, rest easy, we will work with your adjuster to get the work done promptly using quality materials.
We'll Get to Know You
From our first meeting, we begin to tailor your project to you and your lifestyle. We look at how you use your home on weekdays, weekends, and for entertaining. We look at simple things like who gets up in the morning first and where someone likes to read the morning paper. We ask what you do at Thanksgiving or on other holidays, and whether you have children at home or at college, keep pets, or have hobbies with special space needs.
We'll consult with you on the types of materials that blend with your home as well as listen to your likes and dislikes. We look for ways to add comfort, color, light, flow, utilize space and atmosphere. Together we create a wish list, define the scope of your project and set a realistic budget.
With the building permits approved, we can start making your dream a reality. At this point you will be given a project manager. Before building begins, they will explain the process and answer any questions. Your project manager will meet with you regularly to make sure that your construction project is running smoothly and that everything is being done to your specifications.
Choosing Design Elements Once the vision for your project has been defined, you can start filling in the details. There is a vast array of materials and finishes from which to choose. Which leads us to your visit to the John Cannon Homes Design Center. Created not just for our clients who are building a new home, but to assist you in your remodeling selections. It is centrally located off the I-75 corridor in Sarasota, Florida to serve all our clients and provides an incredible selection of unique design elements. Here you will be able to see and touch the products you will be choosing.
Develop and Approve Your Dream
Designs have been finalized. Product and finish selections have been made. At this point our design and drafting department will include your full set of plans. These drawings will include all of the specifications, floor plans, elevations and design selections. Once you approve your drawings and the budget is finalized, building permits are obtained. CannonBuilt Custom Renovations will obtain all of the necessary construction permits. You can relax and proceed with the construction fully confident that everything is being taken care of.
Keeping You Informed
With CannonBuilt Custom Renovations, you'll be informed every step of the way. Our process is exceptional for the way we share with you each step and stay on schedule. Like building a custom home, each component of our remodeling process is carefully scheduled so that your remodel is perfectly customized to your vision.
The Remodeling Design/ Build Process
One of the advantages of working with CannonBuilt Custom Renovations is that you'll always work with a professional team of designers and craftsmen. You'll work directly with the people that will be designing and managing your project from start to finish.
For most remodels and additions, the design/build process yields better results and lower costs than working with a separate architect and a contractor. You'll benefit from working directly with the same firm that's designing and building your project.
By choosing CannonBuilt Custom Renovations, you benefit directly from the following design/build advantages:
- A single source of accountability for both design and construction.
- A master builder's expertise in designing, building and remodeling. Our hands-on experience enables us to easily solve everything from complex structural problems to flow problems in a kitchen.
- Shortened timeline and greater continuity between the vision of the design and the realities of construction.
- Seamless transition from design to build phase
- Deeper appreciation of cost in relation to design and material selections.
- Greater attention to detail in the design phase, minimizing the possibility of changes and cost increases.
Our subcontractors are an extension of our team. Many of them we've worked with for years. These long-term relationships are based on excellent work, top-notch professionalism, and the proven ability to meet our schedule.
The Work Begins
Our customers comfort is very important to us. This is why we try to be as unobtrusive and respectful as possible by providing dumpsters and port-o-lets. We'll carefully cover construction areas to help contain debris and dust. We want to make sure that your residential remodeling project runs smoothly and efficiently.
Completing Your Renovation Project
As construction nears completion, your project manager will take you on a final walk though. At this point any concerns you have will be noted and resolved prior to finishing your building project. Your complete satisfaction is our highest goal.