111 Reasons to Choose John Cannon Homes
1. Personal involvement by John Cannon. John Cannon takes personal interest in every home he builds. His uncompromising commitment to excellence is evident from his involvement in the initial home design process to his personal on-site inspections of every home under construction.
2. Personalized service. At every stage of your home building process, from your initial meeting with our sales staff to your on-site closing, our dedicated team members will guide you every step of the way.
3. Valued name in resale. When you own a John Cannon home, you know that your home will not only be admired by your friends and neighbors, but will appreciate in resale value. Approximately 15% of past John Cannon homeowners have built a 2nd and 3rd John Cannon home. The John Cannon name has helped each of these repeat homeowners with the sale of their previous home(s).
4. Dedicated Management Team. John Cannon Homes is locally owned and operated. The owners, John and Phillipa Cannon, are actively involved in the daily operations of the business. They have assembled the most talented and experienced team of professionals in the industry. Together, the John Cannon Homes managers have over 200 years of combined construction experience.
5. Proven track record. With over 900 homes sold throughout southwest Florida, John Cannon Homes offers you the peace of mind in knowing that you are dealing with an experienced, financially secure company.
6. Financial Strength. Through changing economic times, we have staying power based upon our consistent, conservative fiscal policy.
7. Local area lenders have long understood the value of a John Cannon Home, and many offer favorable terms to our qualified home buyers.
8. Location, location, location. John Cannon Homes is proud to have been selected to build in more prestigious communities than any other builder in the area. Our placement in these communities is a further testament to our standing in the residential construction industry.
9. Committed to our community. All of our team members are committed to being good neighbors. Some of the committees on which we serve are; The Argus Foundation, Sarasota Home Builders Association, Sarasota County Advisory Board, and Children’s Haven and Adult Community Services.
10. The fine art of home building. Elegance, lifestyle, distinction- they’re the starting point for a John Cannon home. Whatever style you favor, our in-house architecture and design team can create the best for you.
11. Freedom of customization. We understand that your home design needs to reflect both your lifestyle and your family’s needs. Our team of professionals is trained to assist you in designing, customizing and building the home of your dreams.
12. Team Approach. Our team members, who are experts in their area provide you with the expertise you should expect when building your home. Our entire staff is dedicated to working together to design and build the home of your dreams.
13. Award-winning. Over 175 Parade of Home Awards have been awarded to John Cannon Homes by judges in the home-building and construction industry.
14. Best Builder Award. For the past 14 years, we have been voted the area’s Best Builder by the Sarasota Herald-Tribune readers.
15. “Best Companies to Work For” for the past three years, John Cannon Homes has been Ranked 15th Nationwide. As the best employer to work for in the Residential Construction Industry, according to Professional Builder Magazine, we take pride in providing a stable, safe and enjoyable working environment, and are proud to have employees who take great satisfaction in building exceptional homes.
16. 2006 Excellence in Building Award. John Cannon Homes was recognized by the national publication, Residential Design/Build Magazine, for excellence in the Design/Build process. This offers you the reassurance that you will be working with a true custom home builder.
17. Class “A” General Contractor. John Cannon is a certified, licensed, Class “A” Contractor in the state of Florida. This allows him to build any type of structure within the state of Florida.
18. Interior Designers. All of our interior designers hold degrees in Interior Design and will work with you throughout your home design process. They will keep you informed of all the current trends while choosing lighting, windows, tiles, appliances and more.
19. Certified Residential Construction Supervisors. All of our builders are certified by the Home Builder Institute, which assures you that you are dealing with the most knowledgeable builders in the area. With this education and insight we can make sure that the home you build with us will be both aesthetically beautiful and comply with all of the latest building codes and standards.
20. Good business partners. John Cannon Homes is proud to be a member in good standing with the Sarasota/Manatee Chamber of Commerce, North Port Area Chamber of Commerce, Hillsborough Chamber of Commerce, Better Business Bureau, Home Builders Association of Sarasota/Manatee, Future Home Builders Association, National Home Builders Association, Sarasota Association of Realtors and the Tampa Bay Association of Realtors.
21. “On Your Lot” program. John Cannon Homes can customize and design a home to suit any home site. Whether you would like our experienced sales team to assist you in locating the perfect home site or if you already own a home site, we are here to bring your dreams to reality.
22. Continuing Education. All of our team members are encouraged to attend seminars and classes to further their knowledge and expertise in the construction field. The combination of their knowledge and experience merges to make our team the leaders in the custom home building arena.
23. Established trade partners. For nearly 20 years, we have been building a team of expert trade partners who meet our stringent guidelines for building your home. Our philosophy is simply that we employ only those trade partners who can deliver superior workmanship and products.
24. Buying power, savings that are passed on to you. John Cannon Homes has long standing relationships with both national and local vendors. You can be confident that you will be getting the best possible price for all materials used in building your home.
25. Full-range of products. Our purchasing department, along with our builders and interior designers, stay one step ahead of new products and trends. All of our team members have the training and knowledge to assist you in making the interior and exterior selections and modifications that will make your home perfect for your family and lifestyle.
26. Corporate offices are centrally located. We have recently relocated our main office to 6710 Professional Parkway West, Sarasota Fl. which is within minutes of the University exit from Interstate 75. Our new office is large enough to accommodate all of our team members and our new Design Center.
27. 4,000 Sq. Ft. Design Center. Staffed by licensed interior designers the Design Center showcases many of the products that you can incorporate into your new home. Our designers are here to help you make all of your interior and exterior selections.
28. Overall Quality Assurance Program. Our managers, team leaders and building superintendents continually walk through and inspect your home throughout the building process. Their goal is to deliver your home with the superior finishes and quality that are standard in a John Cannon home.
29. Warranties. Every John Cannon home is backed by both a Contractor’s Two Year Limited warranty and a 10 Year Structural Warranty.
30. Innovative Technology Systems are in place to securely manage all aspects of your building process. From cost scheduling to integrated pricing to digital photos, our staff is trained to use the latest hardware and software, with the full support of our Information Technology team.
31. Award-winning Architects on staff. Our Architecture, Design and Drafting Department is lead by award-winning architects. Their goal is to design your home to incorporate all of your desires and dreams while ensuring that it is structurally sound.
32. Engineered, signed and sealed plans. Each home built by John Cannon Homes is reviewed by an independent engineering firm to make certain that all home are not only structurally sound, but meet or exceed all current codes and standards.
33. Hurricane standards. All of our homes exceed state requirements. We build stronger, safer homes for you and your family.
34. 3,000 PSI concrete is used when constructing your home. This is another example of how John Cannon Homes exceeds what is mandated by building code requirements.
35. Expansion Joints at all slabs. The1/4" space serves as a buffer for expansion on hot days and compression in cold days. These control joints are installed during the initial installation of the concrete. A slab without control joints will crack and reduce the life of the concrete slab.
36. Formed and poured tie-beams. These tie-beams are engineered for structural strength, and are up to 10 times stronger than traditionally used methods.
37. Minimum two course stem wall. This stem wall foundation provides a stable base for your home.
38. CPVC. This plumbing material is environmentally friendly, corrosion resistant, cost effective and provides a long service life.
39. Euro stud lumber is used to enable your home to have the straightest walls possible.
40. AdVanTech sub-flooring will provide you with the quietest, waterproof, tongue and groove, squeak free sub-floor.
41. Fiberglass insulation with an R-30 rating is used throughout the ceilings providing better insulating performance.
42. Insulated floor systems are used on multi-level homes to ensure a quieter home.
43. A Durarock layer is installed under all bathroom wet areas and tub decks to provide optimum moisture resistance.
44. Rigid board foam thermal sheathing is used on your home to ensure energy efficiency.
45. Color thru concrete roof-tiles. Barrel or flat, with a 15-year warranty will be used on your home. Each tile is secured by a ceramic-coated screw.
46. An electric or natural gas water heater, sized to ensure an adequate supply will be installed in your home. We will also install a Hot-water recirculating system. This system will allow you to have instant hot water at all times.
47. Trane 13 SEER heat pump will allow you to conserve energy and run your HVAC more efficiently.
48. Supply and return air units are installed in all rooms – this is how they are designed and built to be installed.
49. Programmable thermostats will be installed in your home. These computerized thermostats will allow you to regulate your air-conditioning and heating to the specific size of your home. This will afford you maximum comfort and flexibility, and will provide you a well-balanced interior climate.
50. Interior duct work, striker plates and pocket door tracks are discretely painted black – this is done for a more aesthetic appeal.
51. Electric service custom designed and sized for your home.
52. Structured dual port wiring system with two smart panel locations.
53. Pre-wired for ceiling fans. Either one or ten, your home will be pre-wired. This will allow for ease of future installation.
54. Contractor will install your decorative interior and exterior fixtures throughout your home.
55. Decora switches are used to add to the decorator look of your home.
56. Recessed cans with halogen bulbs are utilized; these bulbs have a longer life and are energy efficient.
57. Four exterior waterproof outlets will be installed at your home, for your convenience.
58. Tinted window glass in your windows are utilized to block out harmful rays and to protect your investment.
59. Double-paned window glass is used for energy and noise reduction.
60. Commercially rated sliding doors. These sturdy, secure doors with double locks are used for the safety of you and your family.
61. Commercial-grade mitered glass windows are installed at the breakfast nook for an unobstructed view into your lanai or pool area.
62. Backing for draperies is placed at all windows and doors for your convenience and ease of installation of all window treatments.
63. Exterior doors are fiberglass clad, and are virtually maintenance free.
64. Schlage dead-bolt locks are used on every exterior door, another way that we help to protect you and your family.
65. We use only the Schlage “F” series hardware on these doors, a beautiful series to complement your décor.
66. All interior doors will have 4 hinges for a seamless harmonious look.
67. 2 coats of Sherwin-Williams paint, minimum! This high-quality house paint is used on both the interior and exterior of your house for a beautiful and durable finish.
68. Shaw 32 oz. base weight carpet over 7/16" pad. Adds comfort and durability. This weight carpet is included, not an upgrade.
69. Designer floor tile is included. We offer the broadest selection of designer floor tiles in the area.
70. Round or square corner bead can be chosen per your customizing or designer’s request for your finishing touches.
71. Polymer corner bead. Polymer, a non-corrosive material is used on your corner bead, is durable, and a non-corrosive alternative.
72. Stucco finish is applied to the exterior entry ceiling for ease of maintenance.
73. Double 8 ft. fiberglass entry doors with transom are virtually maintenance free, and will further enhance the home’s architectural theme.
74. Custom molding on interior front door will intensify the doors visual appearance.
75. 8 ft. interior six panel doors are used to compliment today’s ceiling heights.
76. Solid core pocket doors. These solid core doors are easily maintained and are warp resistant.
77. 5 ¼” crown molding is installed in your foyer, living room and dining room, or at any room you choose. This allows for the graceful flow from the exterior entrance of your home to its interior.
78. Scribed and mitered corners on all moldings. Our trim carpenters are proud of their craftsmanship and it’s reflected at each corner in your home.
79. Custom profile casing in lieu of 3 ¼ colonial is used as a compliment to your décor.
80. All interior woodwork in the home is painted with an oil-based paint. Harder to work with, but the extra efforts make for extra durability.
81. Corian window sills are used throughout your home. This durable and notable brand name will offer a beautiful consistent look.
82. Wood ventilated shelving at master suite is used to give your closet that custom closet look and feel.
83. Solid wood shelving at the pantry is attractive, easy to clean and will eliminate tips or spills on your shelving.
84. Custom designed and real wood cabinetry. We build your cabinets for your house not your house for your cabinets.
85. True custom wood cabinets using the highest wood grade available, with raised panel wood doors, are both attractive and well-built.
86. Deluxe cabinet hardware at hinges will add character to your cabinets and transform your cabinets into a piece of distinction.
87. Designer valance with under cabinet lighting, works as an additional light source, as a task light, and will compliment your kitchen cabinetry.
88. Total Kohler home. Kohler fixtures, a name you have come to know and trust are used throughout your home, for a classic timeless look.
89. Corian. In your entire home’s baths we offer Corian counters are included.
90. Custom mirrors are provided in all your baths.
91. Medicine cabinets in all baths are built to match your cabinets.
92. Designer shower enclosures at all shower stall areas.
93. A Stainless steel under-mounted sink in your kitchen will be surrounded by a beautiful granite countertop.
94. Granite countertops in your kitchen. Your kitchen’s décor is enhanced by the beauty of natural stone.
95. Tile backsplash in kitchen is used for practicality and to enhance the detailing of your kitchen’s design.
96. Clothes bar with valance is installed in your utility room, as an added laundry feature.
97. Quick shut-off at washer hook-up valve. Conveniently located valve in case of an emergency.
98. Quartz finished pool, provides you with a longer lasting pool finish that is aesthetically appealing.
99. Remote-control at pool and spa area means easier pool and spa operation and more time for fun. Control everything from wherever you are, and have the water ready whenever you are!
100. Hurricane braced, overhead, insulated, raised-panel garage doors will be provided, with a minimum of three garage stalls, for your family’s convenience.
101. A side-service door is also included as an additional entrance to your garage.
102. 1/2 HP garage door openers with dual controls. All openers have a safety laser installed for your safety and the safety of your children.
103. Skid resistant epoxy coating (2 coats) is applied to your garage floor. This will help prevent slips and falls in the garage area.
104. Duradeck waterproofing at balconies and 2nd floor decks is the most reliable waterproofing system available.
105. Upper level balconies and decks are tiled. This offers you a beautiful, low maintenance finish, that is completed with trim banding.
106. A step-ladder is provided by John Cannon Homes, for attic access and a multitude of other uses.
107. A fully integrated security system with two key pads and one motion detector will be installed at all exterior openings for your family’s security and safety.
108. In-wall poly-pest control system, with exterior port for uninterrupted pest control service.
109. Timbor in-wall treatment for all wood destroying organisms and mold protection during and after construction.
110. Professional landscape plan designed in partnership with you and a licensed landscaper. Done in harmony with the home and its natural setting.
111. Low-flow, filtered heads are used for landscape irrigation. All placements are custom designed and located to compliment and conserve energy with either an exterior or interior timer location.
There are many, many more reasons to select John Cannon Homes as the builder of your home throughout southwest Florida. Please contact one of our Sales Directors listed below, or complete the contact form and they will help make your dream come true.